FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $75!

What are you running on your fix?

This topic contains 13 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Michael 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Killam
    Participant

Just picked up a fix in 6.5 and need optics. What’s everyone running on theirs?

Tyler Payne
    Participant

Depends on what I’m using it for. Either a Vortex PST gen2 2.5-10, a Nightforce ATACr 4-16 or a Trijicon IR Hunter MK3.

steve.narewski
    Participant

First, my process was specific to me as I wanted an optic that was lightweight and had excellent optical clarity. To see this for myself I went to a massive industry show (The Great American Outdoor Show) this year with the mission of looking through a whole bunch of scopes to find one that I liked the most. Much to my guests chagrin, I must have looked through 20 scopes and found exactly what I was looking for. The Swarovski z5 3.5-18X44 scope with the plex reticle. I came in way under my budget of 3k, but the clarity of the glass is amazing and the scope weighs just under a pound.

I see no reason to put a heavy piece of glass on a rifle that was engineered to be light and portable. It is like putting monster truck tires on a Porsche 911.

Killam
    Participant

The price on the Vortex are attractive but yes they are heavy… Never owned a Swarovski so I may have to give them a whirl for the fix. Thanks for the feedback.

Chris
    Participant

Check out the leupold MK5 HD line. I like the 3.5 – 18x with tremor3

They have others.

Jason
    Participant

Razor hd amg, ~20oz lighter than the razor HD.

Justin Tipton
    Participant

I just purchased the 5×25 Vudu its going on my .308 fix but not sure what mount I should use.. Would like to go with a one piece but may have to use rings since there isnt much room to work with.. Seems like alot of people are saying they are using the new vudu but noones list the set up.. Anyone running this set up?

Killam
    Participant

I see a few videos where people are using those vudus. I like that they are compact with hella magnification… but that price tag!

Chad
    Participant

Trijicon accupoint 1-8 with mil-c reticle.

Justin Tipton
    Participant

I actually found the Vudu on amazon for 1599 thats like 500 below msrp so I treated myself besides seems to go well with it.. I ended up purchaing extra high badger ordance rings hopefully they arent too high.. would have like to go with the geissle one piece but dont think there is much room for adjustment..

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.